The European Commission has released 20 million euros to finance small and medium-sized companies based in the EU towards the costs of trademark searches and registrations in the EU or in one of the EU Member States.
A financial compensation can be requested for the official fees charged by the European trademark office (EUIPO) or the national trademark offices for:
- Preliminary trademark searches: reimbursement of 75% of the fees
- Trademark and design registrations: reimbursement of 50% of the fees
For example, the official fees for an EU trademark application are € 850 for 1 class. € 425 of this can be reimbursed, which results in a significant saving.
How does it work:
- Submit an application for reimbursement. When allocated a decision will be granted
- File a trademark or design application and pay in full
- A request for reimbursement can be submitted via a link in the notification of the decision within 30 days
There are 5 timeframes in which the application can be submitted in 2021, namely:
11 to 31 January
1 to 31 March
1 to 31 May
1 to 31 July
1 to 30 September